I never thought of it like that...


As told to me by my son Keegan (3 years old and frighteningly bright) while we were completing a puzzle not more than 5 minutes ago: "tear pieces to make a bigger puzzle." What he meant was that he was bored with the puzzle and that by tearing the existing pieces he would have 2x as many pieces and thus a greater challenge. A pretty fine idea if you ask me. A puzzle that grows with you. Are there perforated puzzles? If not, why not?

Not much of a first post. But my original entry was quite deep and I think I'll burden you with that once we get to know each other. That said, "tear pieces to make a bigger puzzle" is a pretty good metaphor (and Morrisseyesque line) to one of the key things I want to talk about here. And that is, how can we look at things differently? How can we find new insights, tastes, sounds and words that create something new from that which already exists?

Is anybody else bored with the puzzle? I have a few ideas. I hope you contribute a few. And know that we will be able to steal some from Keegan.


Comments

rad said…
yay! and so it begins ...
Unknown said…
You are officially on my blog list!
Monty! said…
I like it! You're in my RSS feed.
Behan said…
Mike! FINALLY! which is to say, looking forward to your public musing. I am going through Ferry Booth Mornings withdrawal...this helps. thanks bud. ;-) HEY heard you scored some sweet new desk at the office...hmm!
hatchet said…
forgot saying smart things and just make it look pretty. that's my motto ... hope it helps.